Hoofdpagina webpages in English
Urban Drainage in the Netherlands
(Latest update: 3 April 2017)
About RIONED: Centre of Expertise
RIONED Foundation (Stichting RIONED) is the national centre of expertise in sewer management and urban drainage in the Netherlands. It is the umbrella organisation in which public bodies, industry and the educational sector work together. RIONED works both for and through active involvement of its participants. More information on RIONED.
Some of our Publications
A selection of reports and papers of RIONED reports in English.
Urban drainage and water management in the Netherlands
Below are some links to related organisations and further reading (in English):
- Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment; read e.g. 'A different approach to water', 'Water management in the Netherlands' and the Water Act (2009).
- The Dutch Water Authorities
- Dutchwatersector.com on the international activities of the Dutch water sector (public sector, knowledge institutes, NGOs, and private companies). With information on projects, education, events, governance, and a business directory.
- The Dutch versus the water, an article highlighting measures against flooding.
- World Water Academy offers practical on demand courses for all water related issues for the global water sector.
Interesting other links on urban drainage
- The European Federation of National Associations of Water Services EUREAU. They offer a statistics document about the drinking water and wastewater utilities, with a profile of the European water sector, and profiles for each of the 30 EUREAU member states.
- The European Water Association (EWA)
- The International Water Association (IWA) presented an International Statistics for Water Services on the IWA World Water Congress in Montreal, October 2010.
- www.riool.info (Information to the general public, developed by RIONED, in Dutch)
- Sanitation was voted the most important medical milestone since 1840 by the British Medical Journal. Read the nomination by Professor of Public Health Johan P. Mackenbach.