RIONED Publications in English
Urban drainage and sewer system management in The Netherlands
- Climate change, heavier rainstorms and the urban drainage system (vision paper, 2009) - What can expect of the drainage system and how is it being adapted to changing conditions?
- Dealing with extreme precipitation in the urban environment (summary, 2014)
- Hydraulic life span of storm water infiltration systems (summary, 2007) - About the causes and remedies for the loss of hydraulic capacity due to insufficient trapping of sediments, clogging or blocking of geo-textiles as well as due to silting of the surrounding soil.
- Swales: guidelines for design, construction, and maintenance (summary, 2006) - Results of a six year monitoring programme in the Dutch municipality Enschede.
Modelling and monitoring
- Interactions within waste water systems (summary, 2004) - About the interaction between a sewer system and a waste water treatment plant.
- Modeling and monitoring sewerage systems (summary, 2003) - Manual for planning and operating a monitoring system to get insight in the hydraulic performance of sewer systems
- Assesment of the environmental risks of storm water infiltration (summary, 2008)
- Measuring precipitation intensity and load (summary, 2011)
- Urban surface water quality; sensitivity analysis of mass fluxes (summary, 2011)
Sewer operation and management
- Probabilistic assessment of combined sewer systems (summary, 2005) - Based on a dissertation study at the Delft Technical University concerning the assesment of sewer systems taking in account uncertainties.
- Improving the co-ordination of work carried out in underground public space (summary, 2004) - In order to reduce nuisance and improve maintainability of underground infrastructure this publication contains recommendations for better co-ordination
Sewer Systems Module for Higher Professional Education
The Sewer Systems Module for HPE offers higher education material in the field of urban drainage and sewerage. It gives an overview of planning, technology, design, and management of Western urban drainage in the context of The Netherlands. Both the Dutch and the English version were published under the responsibility of KIVI-NIRIA, in collaboration with Stichting RIONED and the Expert Group Urban Drainage of NLingenieurs.