RIONED Publications in English
(latest update: 26 February 2013)
Urban drainage and sewer system management in The Netherlands
- Urban Drainage Statistics (2009) offers statistics on characteristics, (environmental) measures, studies and schemes, costs and funding of the urban drainage system in the Netherlands.
- Climate change, heavier rainstorms and the urban drainage system shows what can expect of the drainage system and how it is being adapted to changing conditions. This vision paper of RIONED, the umbrella organisation for urban drainage in The Netherlands, communicates the concerns of the professionals to the public at large.
- Changes needed to deal with rainwater, a RIONED survey (2007) among 203 municipalities. A follow-up study will be carried out in 2013.
Sustainable urban drainage systems
Modelling and monitoring
- Interactions within waste water systems (summary, 2004)
This summary is based on a dissertation study at the Delft Technical University concerning the interaction between the sewer system and the waste water treatment plant.
- Modeling and monitoring sewerage systems (summary, 2003)
This publication offers a manual for planning and operating a monitoring system to get insight in the hydraulic performance of sewer systems
Sewer operation and management
- International Urban Drainage Research Database (paper for the 11th ICUD 2005, Copenhagen - Danmark)
UDIRD is a bibliographical database of publications in journals and conferences since 1995 on sewer management and urban drainage. It contains almost 2000 references and is updated annually. The database can be accessed here.